Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Medical Hold

The medical hold officially begins today! I received the e-mail notification that my nomination status had been updated. The PC is just beginning to review my medical information now. The little message says that they do not require any additional information at this time but I'm sure that will change.

Also, I have my last dentist appointment soon so the dental hold will be released soon. Not that that matters all too much as you can still get invited with a dental hold. You just don't get to go if you don't get things figured out by the time staging comes around.

And, as always, I must put in my two cents about Tricare. It's awful. Customer service is awful. The website is awful. The entire system is confusing and nobody knows what is going on. And they gave me a PCM that isn't accepting new patients. Clearly I just got more bad news from them. Even though my father was signed into active duty in September (and Tricare is a benefit for active duty sevice members and their families) I am not covered until Feb 1. This means that the $900 in blood work, $440 physical and $550 dentist bill are all out of pocket. I'll try to call today to see if this is an error and I can file a claim. If not I will need to take out another loan from my wonderful parents who are willing to cover the expenses for now. I hate to ask them for money though. I feel like a child.

Cheers,
Nikki

No comments: